Founded in 1994, Kingchem is now a family of companies with production and R&D services in both the US and China. With business development and other services now provided to three continents, the company is well positioned to serve its global markets in the pharmaceutical, fine and specialty chemical, and nutritional industries.
While originally founded as a distribution company, in 2002 Kingchem began its journey of transformation towards being a multi-functioning organization for in-house contract manufacturing and contract R&D. Today, after many years of growth and expansion, our facilities include:
- Kingchem Laboratories Inc., a full GMP facility for the production of GMP intermediates, APIs and excipients located in St. Francis, Wisconsin (USA).
- Kingchem Liaoning Life Science Co., Ltd., a multi-purpose chemical manufacturing site for RSMs, intermediates, building blocks and specialty chemicals, located in the city of Fuxin, Liaoning province (China).
- Kingchem’s Dalian R&D center, a 35,000 ft2 research and development facility, located in the city of Dalian, Liaoning (China).
- Kingchem Life Science LLC, a business development, logistics and administrative facility located in Allendale, New Jersey (USA) focused on serving our global customer base with additional support from:
- Commercial services and business development in Shanghai.
- Commercial services and logistics services in Dalian.
- Additional business development representation specifically focused towards Western North American and Europe.
Since its founding in 1994, a strong orientation towards planning for the future and continuous re-investment back into the company has allowed Kingchem to achieve substantial growth and stay true to its guiding principles. Highlights of recent investments have included:
- 2010-2015: The Kingchem Liaoning Life Science Co. acquires various new facilities, including fluorination, chlorination and multi-purpose workshops, along with other equipment. The 480-employee plant also receives significantly upgraded biological waste-water treatment and incineration to operate in addition to its chemical air treatment scrubbers.
- 2016-2017: Kingchem doubles the size of its Dalian R&D facility. Kingchem Life Science LLC, a wholly-owned, U.S. subsidiary of the Kingchem Liaoning Life Science Co. Ltd. is launched to take over all the sales of, and later merge with, its predecessor company, the preexisting Kingchem LLC (since merged into the new company).
- 2018-2019: Kingchem undergoes an important expansion in its ability to serve the global pharmaceutical industry by founding Kingchem laboratories, Inc., the company’s first GMP production facility, and its first production facility in the United States. Kingchem’s largest R&D facility also undergoes a second expansion to 35,000 ft2
- 2020-2022: Planning for the future and Kingchem’s re-investment back into the company continues with a focus on the Kingchem Liaoning Life Science Co., the Kingchem Dalian R&D facility and Kingchem laboratories, Inc. in Wisconsin.
(For the company’s guiding principles, please click here: Corporate Culture page.)