Confidentiality and Intellectual Property (IP) Control
The protection of Intellectual Property (IP) is a core value of Kingchem and a critical function of our customer-service orientation. The following are just some of the extra precautions we utilize to protect our customer’s IP. Please contact us for additional information on our internal policies and procedures regarding IP protection.
- All Kingchem employees, including sales, logistics, R&D, manufacturing and administrative, are trained in their responsibility to protect the integrity and confidentiality of protected IP, which would include (to name just a few types): contracts, data, documents, notes, procedures, research, tools and much more.
- Staff are required sign Confidentiality Agreements as a prerequisite of their employment.
- All individuals at each facility are ultimately held responsible for, and trained in, IP protection.
- Management is given additional training to assure the effectiveness of their daily oversight of IP.
- Employees are held responsible for determining in advance their permission to release information, and for communicating with their managers in order to make correct determinations in handling IP
- Kingchem’s project coding system is used to assign specific project numbers to documentation in lieu of other identifying information.
- Dissemination of information is limited by management staff and project leaders on a “need to know” basis.
- Employee retention practices, exit interviews and non-competition agreements are also employed regarding all R&D, operational and business staffs.
- Facility protections such as site-security alarms, separate security staff, controls on hardware and software, and the use of American-owned IT-protection services are in effect.
- Agreements review and approval is strictly controlled following internal procedures.
- Kingchem is controlled by a U.S. holding company and a professionally-trained management team serving the global market.
- For our U.S. customers, our jurisdiction to control contracts is U.S. law. (Our U.S. operations are located in New Jersey, convenient to the New York metropolitan area.)
We invite you to pursue this subject further with us by using our Contact Us page.